The Mandalorian is a live-action Star Wars television series that debuted on Disney+ in 2019. It stars Pedro Pascal as the title character, a lone bounty hunter who goes by the name “Mando.”
The show has been met with critical acclaim and features an all-star cast which includes Gina Carano, Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Nick Nolte, and many others.
With Season 3 currently in production and set to premiere the 1st of March, 2023, now is the perfect time to look back at some of the most interesting facts about this incredible series!
Facts About 1-2 Seasons Of The Mandalorian TV Series
1. The Mandalorian is a live-action Star Wars television series that debuted on Disney+ in 2019.
2. It stars Pedro Pascal as the title character, a lone bounty hunter who goes by the name “Mando.”
3. The show is set five years after the events of Return of the Jedi, and follows Mando’s journeys as he tries to find his place in the galaxy.
4. The Mandalorian was created by Jon Favreau, who also serves as one of the executive producers and directors on the show.
5. It features an all-star cast which includes Gina Carano, Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Nick Nolte, and many others.
6. The first season of The Mandalorian was met with critical acclaim from both fans and critics alike, with many calling it one of the best Star Wars projects ever made.
7. Season 2 is currently in production and is set to premiere sometime in 2020.
8. In honor of The Mandalorian’s success, here are 20 facts about the show that you may not have known!
9. The Mandalorian is set in a part of the universe known as The Outer Rim, which is far away from any of the canonical Star Wars planets. This means that we get to see some new and exciting locations throughout the series.
10. The show uses mostly practical effects, such as sets and props, rather than relying heavily on CGI.
11. The series was shot entirely in California, with some scenes being filmed at the famed Lone Pine Film Location Ranch.
12. The Mandalorian features a wide array of creatures and aliens from across the galaxy, including Blurrg riders, Tusken Raiders, Krayt Dragons, and more!
13. In addition to Pedro Pascal’s performance as Mando, another highlight of Season 1 was Baby Yoda (aka “The Child”). This adorable creature quickly became a fan favorite and has been featured in numerous merchandising opportunities since its debut in 2019.
14. Speaking of merchandise, there have been a ton of collectibles released for The Mandalorian including action figures, Funko Pops, t-shirts, and more!
15. The show’s score was composed by Ludwig Goransson, who also scored Black Panther and Venom.
16. Several well-known directors contributed to Season 1 of The Mandalorian including Dave Filoni (Star Wars: Clone Wars), Eisenberg Brothers (Avengers: Endgame), Bryce Dallas Howard (Jurassic World), Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) and Robert Rodriguez (Sin City).
17. Despite being set in the future, the show features several references to past Star Wars films as well as nods to other pop culture properties such as Game of Thrones, Westerns, and samurai movies.
18. Pedro Pascal has said that his performance as Mando was inspired by Clint Eastwood’s iconic Man With No Name character from the Dollars trilogy.
19. As of June 2020, The Mandalorian has been nominated for 25 awards and won 8 including two Emmy Awards (Outstanding Sound Editing and Outstanding Visual Effects).
20. Season 2 is expected to feature several new characters and settings, as well as some surprises that will surely keep fans on their toes. There’s no doubt that this series will continue to be a fan-favorite for years to come!
5 Facts About The 3rd Season Of The Mandalorian
1. Season 3 of The Mandalorian is set to feature new characters and environments, with many locations being taken from unused concept art from the original Star Wars trilogy. This includes a planet called Morak that is home to a race of aquatic creatures known as the Mon Calamari, who were first seen in Return of the Jedi.
2. Season 3 will also explore more of Mando’s backstory and his connections to other characters in the Star Wars universe, including legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett.
3. The third season will be directed by Bryce Dallas Howard, Robert Rodriguez and Dave Filoni, who all have extensive experience working on the Star Wars franchise.
4. To celebrate the show’s success, Lucasfilm Limited released an exclusive toy line based on The Mandalorian which features action figures and vehicles inspired by the show’s characters and locations. Several of these collectibles are available exclusively through Disney Store outlets or via their website.
5. One exciting piece of news that has recently been announced is the addition of WWE Superstar Sasha Banks to the cast of The Mandalorian in Season 3. Banks will be playing a new character known as “Koska Reeves,” an elite fighter who hails from Planet Mando.
In addition to the returning cast and crew, Season 3 of The Mandalorian will also feature some exciting new additions. It was recently announced that Karen Gillan, who is best known for her roles in Doctor Who and Guardians of the Galaxy, will be joining the show as an assassin character named “Nebula.”
This marks the first time a major Hollywood talent has been cast on The Mandalorian and represents a big move by Lucasfilm to bring in fresh talent to the series. Fans can expect Nebula to make her debut in Season 3 and have a significant role in future episodes.
Along with Gillan, another newcomer to join The Mandalorian is Temuera Morrison, who will be playing Boba Fett – one of Star Wars’ most iconic bounty hunters. Morrison previously played Jango Fett (Boba Fett’s father) in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, so this casting announcement has been warmly received by fans.
Morrison’s addition to the cast is not only great news for longtime fans of the franchise but it also opens up possibilities for future storylines involving Boba Fett which could potentially span multiple seasons. Together with Karen Gillan’s presence on the show, these two new additions are sure to bring an exciting and fresh dynamic to The Mandalorian’s already beloved cast and crew!