Star Wars and its slogan of “A Galaxy Far, Far away” are synonymous with space nostalgia and epic greatness.
It is one of the most beloved sagas and all of its paraphernalia and merchandise are coveted by fans all across the world. Almost all people and moviegoers are familiar with the starships of the franchise like Super Star Destroyer, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and more.
With Star Wars as popular as it is, almost all fans desire authentic and premier-grade model kits for their own. We have you covered on this front and can help you greatly in seeking out the best model kits from the Star Wars universe.
|1||X-Wing Starfighter||★★★★★ 4.8/5||Check Price|
|2||The Mandalorian Razor Crest||★★★★★ 4.8/5||Check Price|
|3||Millennium Falcon: Rise of Skywalker||★★★★★ 4.7/5||Check Price|
|4||Boba Fett’s Slave I||★★★★★ 4.7/5||Check Price|
|5||Darth Vader’s TIE – Advanced X1||★★★★★ 4.6/5||Check Price|
|6||The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor)||★★★★★ 4.6/5||Check Price|
|7||Stormtrooper Model||★★★★☆ 4.5/5||Check Price|
|8||Boba Fett Model||★★★★☆ 4.4/5||Check Price|
|9||AT-ST Walker||★★★★☆ 4.2/5||Check Price|
|10||AT-AT Walker||★★★★☆ 4.2/5||Check Price|
|Located||Tokyo, Japan||Bünde, Germany|
|Number of kits||80+||30+|
|Types of models||Vehicles|
|Notes||Great fit and detail|
Decals and stickers
Easy to build
There are hordes of manufacturers that purvey Star Wars models. All of these kits are amazing and look awesome. But, as is the case with all products, certain producers stand out prominently. This is owed to their elevated levels of craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail. The same holds for the best Star Wars model kits. The two best creators in this field are:
When it comes to finding the best model kits for Star Wars, it’s hard to look past Bandai. For over fifty years, this iconic Japanese brand has been producing incredible model kits featuring characters, ships and more from the Star Wars universe.
Revell is another well-known company that produces model kits based on the Star Wars universe. Founded in 1943 in Germany, Revell today produces model kits of all kinds, including those featuring characters from the Star Wars movies. Revell’s range of models includes ships, vehicles and figures, all accurately sculpted and detailed using only the highest quality materials.
Star Wars Bandai Model Kits are a class apart from the competition. The immaculate attention to detail and finesse is what distinguishes them. Keep reading if you are interested in learning which Star Wars 3D models are the best in this category. Below is mentioned a list of the best-reviewed model kits from Bandai:
1. 1/72 X-Wing Starfighter – This X-Wing Star Fighter model is a highly detailed model that embodies precision. Bandai’s proprietary color injection technique has been used to lend an authentic appearance to this model. This model holds many nifty features like foldable S-Foils, a cockpit with 2 different options for the canopy, and more.
2. 1/144 Millennium Falcon Rise of Skywalker – All right, while I don’t like the new trilogy, the one thing that we can agree on is that this model looks amazing. The Millennium Falcon is brought to life in stylish and vivid goodness through this model. The attention to detail is stellar and is sure to please enthusiasts.
3. 1/12 The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) – Din Djarin is one badass character and this model best emanates this attribute. You can appreciate the authenticity that this kit evinces. For instance, you can remove and attach the jetpack as you want. The Mandalorian truly hasn’t looked as good as he does right now in this incarnation.
4. The Mandalorian Razor Crest – The Razor’s Crest is the distinctive and familiar transport ship of the Mandalorian from the live-action show. The model embodies authenticity and its heft features a silver-coated exterior. Users will appreciate the addition of a ball joint in the display base. The latter allows for the arrangement of the model per the user’s preference.
5. 1/12 Boba Fett – Boba Fett, the galaxy’s most notorious and deadliest bounty hunter, and his aura is captured in perfection with this model. The model comes equipped with all necessary accessories like detachable hands, guns, display base, etc. Plus, it evinces the fine detail that you have come to expect from Bandai and you won’t be disappointed.
6. 1/144 Boba Fett’s Slave I – Fans will immediately recognize Boba Fett’s famous ship Slave I anywhere. That is why special care has been taken in designing this awesome model. The hangar hatch can be opened and closed; the exterior is painted in an authentic color scheme and comes with a dedicated display base as well.
7. Darth Vader’s TIE – Advanced X1 – This is a model of Darth Vader’s infamous TIE Fighter, often dubbed the X1. The quality is sublime and the amalgamation of color and design is spectacular. The design is sleek and the color bifurcation is commensurate to the proportions of the composing layers. The Death Star panel-themed display stand is also a nice touch.
8. 1/48 AT-ST Walker – Fans of the Franchise will be familiar with this AT-ST or Chicken Walker if you will. This kit explicitly captures the appearance of this iconic vehicle. Bandai has utilized its patented process of 4 color injection in this model and it shows prominently. This is one model that all Star Wars fans need in their collection.
9. 1/12 Stormtrooper – The Stormtroopers are the staple enforcers of the Empire and their distinctive appearance is synonymous with Star Wars lore. That is why this model is such a big deal. It evokes an authentic sentiment and is sculpted to perfection. No Star Wars collection can be complete without this piece.
10. 1/144 AT-AT Walker – The giant AT-AT walker and its rampage through Hoth is the stuff of legends for Star Wars fans. This model kit has been made with great care and attention to all requisite details. The side panels can be removed and all individual joints are movable. All in all, this is one fantastic kit.
Next up are the excellent Revell Star Wars models. The latter is another top contender to the throne in this category. This can be owed to the diligence and scrupulous focus that goes into producing the kits. The best kits available from Revell in this category are mentioned as follows for your information and convenience:
1. Episode VII Millennium Falcon – This is a great entry in this category and Revell has truly attained excellence in detail in regards to the Millenium Falcon. Testament to detail can be corroborated by the fact that the cockpit contains seated figures, the antenna and laser cannons are repositionable, the entry ramp closes and opens, etc.
2. Imperial Star Destroyer – The majesty and impressive appearance of the Imperial Star Destroyer is made immediately apparent in this model. The lights and sounds further complement the experience for users. The overall quality and detailing is out of this world. This is one model that will not fail to impress you with its functionality and appearance.
3. The Last Jedi Poe’s Boosted X-Wing Fighter – Poe Damron’s distinctive X-Wing seems to be ready to take flight when you gaze upon this model. It is sleek, stylish, and aesthetically accurate. The detailing on this kit is sensational and evinces high durability as well. The sound and light effects serve to enhance the experience even further in our opinion.
4. The Mandalorian’s The Razor Crest – Din Djarin’s gunship and its iteration by Revell also doesn’t disappoint. The model precisely captures the feel and style of the iconic Mandalorian vessel. The detailed structure, intricate weaponry, and fine and durable lines all combine to give off a superb effect. If you are a fan of the show, then this is a must-have for you.
5. Imperial Star Destroyer – The Imperial Star Destroyer is an impressive powerhouse and is a mainstay in all major Space battles in Star Wars continuity. The structured side walls of this mode, combined with a fuselage composed of 4 parts and highly detailed carved surfaces make for an exceptional model. Plus, it is pretty durable as well.
6. AT-AT Walker – The famous Warmachine from Hoth makes an incredible appearance in the form of this model. Revell has imbued this product with finesse and quality and it shows prominently. The overall build quality is satisfying and the finished product looks amazing in appearance. This can be a great addition to any collection.
7. The Last Jedi Millennium Falcon – The Millenium Falcon is a ship that personifies speed and liberty. It has been treated as a harbinger of hope and looks utterly epic, to be honest. All of these qualities are encapsulated within this excellent kit. If you are a fan of the starship and want to own one of its very best versions then go for this one.
8. Episode VII Poe’s X-Wing Fighter – This is another great entry in the new trilogy’s category of Star Wars plastic model kits. This model holds great significance since Poe is the only tolerable character from the new movies. His X-Wing has been brought to brilliant life in this kit, with its retractable canopy, display stand, pre-decorated design, durable design, etc.
9. Episode VII First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter – If you have seen one TIE fighter, you have seen them all right? Well, this model kit will prove you wrong. First of all, the sleekness and agility of the TIE fighter are captured immaculately in this kit. Second, combine this with eye-popping colors, flawless design, and the addition of sound effects and you have a winner on your hands.
10. Slave I 40th Anniversary – The Slave I, the personal ship of the dreaded Boba Fett is an absolute beast. It can take on almost anyone on the galaxy’s list of baddies. If you are a fan of the ship and the bounty hunter, then this is model is for you. It is unprecedented in design and quality and you will certainly appreciate it.
There are a lot of great options out there for Star Wars model kits. We hope our review has helped you narrow down the choices and find the perfect one for you. May the force be with you!
Building a Star Wars model kit can be an immensely satisfying and creative experience. Whether you’re a veteran model builder or it’s your first time, the process of constructing a beautiful replica from scratch is deeply rewarding.
But there also are some important steps that will ensure success in completing your project:
You must learn about the necessary tips for arranging these Star Wars scale models. It is even more vital to adhere to these principles if you are a beginner. These tips will help you in circumventing any potential mistakes or disasters. These tips are elucidated as follows for your information and convenience:
The first and foremost principle that you need to remember is that neatness is important. It allows you to remain organized and prevents you from committing any inadvertent mistake in attaching or assembling the parts. That is why a neat and organized workspace is key.
Prepare your workspace accordingly, keep it clean and keep all requisite items and tools at hand.
Keep unnecessary items and objects off the workbench or work area lest they interfere with your preparation and assembling operation. This improves the efficacy of the entire operation and ensures that you complete the task effectively and without any mistakes or faults.
All right, the next most important thing to remember is to carefully read the instructions. You may be a seasoned veteran of the craft or consider yourself to be a gifted handyman. But come on, it is better to be safe than sorry right? That is why never proceed without reading the instructions first.
Practice makes perfect. We have all heard that before right? Well, it is the truth and it applies even more so and with greater magnitude in the art of arranging model kits. The whole process of applying smaller parts and designs to small miniatures is daunting for most.
It requires steady and meticulous focus and you can’t afford to make an irrevocable mistake.
That is why we advise all beginners, and experts, to first practice applying before proceeding onto your models. It will improve your work quality and guarantee a more pleasing and outstanding creation later on. This is the way…
It is very important to check the fittings properly before applying the glue onto your model kit’s joints. You don’t want a loose or ill-fitting joint to ruin your whole project now, do you? Also, be very careful when pouring the glue as it is an irreversible process and can’t be fixed later on.
Once you are done with the entire operation, the only thing that remains is to finish up. You need to tidy up and refine your kit. You will have to cut away the adjunct fixing parts. They have served their purpose and it is important to carefully remove them from the finished product.
Whether you’re an experienced builder or just starting out, creating a replica of your favorite ships from the Star Wars universe can be a fun project that brings back nostalgic memories while giving you something tangible to show off when complete. From Revell’s X-Wing fighter model kit to Bandai’s star destroyer plastic model kit and AMT’s Millenium Falcon Model Kit—there are plenty of options available for any level of builder! So grab your tools and get ready to explore new galaxies—the possibilities are endless!
The market is flooded with model kits dedicated to the Star Wars franchise from various manufacturers and creators. All of them hold promise and are great but the ones from Bandai and Revell tend to be more prominent. These are the ones that most collectors consider to be the best of them all.
Most Star Wars kits come pre-decorated and painted by the creators. All you need to do is snap them together and assemble them. But, if the color scheme doesn’t appeal to you or you consider yourself to be proficient enough, then yes you can paint the kits.
Whatever you need for setting up a tool kit mostly comes inside the packaging. All you have to do is then arrange them and then set the kit up. However, there are some items that you should keep at hand to better assemble your kits. These include tape, glue, small screwdrivers, scale, paper, etc.
Yes, most Star Wars models to build come with detailed instruction manuals. The latter depicts the detailed and proper path that needs to be taken to properly assemble the kit. Some pieces require a bit more focus and attention to set up and that is why instruction manuals are an irrefutable part of the whole experience.
Yes, you most certainly can use model kits for the diorama. All of these kits are superb and evince great quality and intricacy of design. They are three-dimensional and flexible concerning positioning. All of this makes them the ideal choice for being used in a diorama.
Advertising Disclosure: StarWarsModelKits.com earn the commission when you are clicking through product links. Commissions are paid by the affiliate platform. You don’t overpay.